Thursday, September 12, 2013

D // Love Somebody // Maroon 5

I will admit that I sometimes am able to see sexual references where they are not meant. And this song has some questionable ones:

    • I know your insides are feeling so hollow 
    • And it's a hard pill for you to swallow, yeah 
    • I really wanna love somebody
      I really wanna dance the night away
      I know we're only half way there
      But you can take me all the way, you can take me all the way
      I really wanna touch somebody
    • I don't know where to start, I'm just a little lost
      I wanna feel like we never gonna ever stop
      I don't know what to do, I'm right in front of you
      Asking you to stay, you should stay, stay with me tonight, yeah
  • Does it matter if this is a love song or a thinly veiled sex song? Judging by my nausea, it really does. The video does not help it's case. So I'm going to rule that is Objectifying women
  • No name calling
  • Women In relation to man
  • Woman as empowered? She certainly has some power over him. And she has some agency to decide what will happen. 
    • You're such a hard act for me to follow
      Love me today, don't leave me tomorrow, yeah
      But if I fall for you, I'll never recover
      If I fall for you, I'll never be the same

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.