Sunday, September 29, 2013

D // Dark Horse // Katy Perry ft Juicy Jay


  • No name calling
  • Woman objectified
    • I'm sprung and I don't care
      She got me like a roller coaster
      Turn the bedroom into a fair
      Her love is like a drug
      I was tryna hit it and quit it
      But lil' mama so dope
      I messed around and got addicted
  • Woman in relation to man
    • Make me your Aphrodite
      Make me your one and only
      But don't make me your enemy
  • Woman as empowered? This song is a little hard to wade through--one of those weird Katy songs. I think she's admitting to being intense, maybe a little cray--a "perfect storm". She's demanding real commitment. Actually, that's kind of all she's really asking for...why is that intense/crazy? Is Katy (unknowingly?) buying into women-hating stereotypes? Juicy J finds her dangerous, comparing her to a famous cannibalistic serial killer. I guess that's powerful, but it also seems strange and unfair. I can't quite tell what to make of it. 

    • It's in the palm of your hand now baby / It's a yes or a no / No maybe / So just be sure / Before you give it up to meUp to me / Give it up to me

      So you wanna play with magic / Boy you should know what you're fallin' for Baby do you dare to do this / Cause I'm comin' at you like a dark horse

      Are you ready for / Ready for / A perfect storm Perfect storm / Cause once you're mine / Once you're mine / There's no goin' back
    • She's a beast / I call her Karma / She eat your heart out / Like Jeffrey Dahmer / Be careful / Try not to lead her on / Shawty's heart was on steroids / Cause her love was so strong / You may fall in love / When you meet her / If you get the chance you better keep her / She swears by it but if you break her heart / She turn cold as a freezer

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.