Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A // Royals // Lorde


  • Does not objectify women
  • Positive naming
    • Let me be your ruler, you can call me Queen Bee // And baby I'll rule (I'll rule I'll rule I'll rule...) // Let me live that fantasy
  • Is not about relationship to a man, and does push back a bit on being pushed into caring about superficial love
    • "We don't care, we aren't caught up in your love affair"
  • Empowering women
    • "We're bigger than we ever dreamed, and I'm in love with being queen"


Maybe you're thinking how is that different than "Applause" -- isn't she asking to be a ruler? But she isn't looking for validation. She's more offering herself as a different kind of model/ruler, one that is not caught up in luxury and money. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.