Tuesday, September 10, 2013

A- // Safe and Sound // Capital Cities


  • Does not objectify women
  • No name calling
  • On first glance, I'd say this was women in relationship to man. But I could actually see myself singing this song to my sister.
    • You could be my luck // Even if we're six feet underground // I know that we'll be safe and sound
  • Women as neither empowered nor disempowered. He is offering her to try to enhance her life by doing whatever SHE wants. He's not necessarily saying she couldn't get those things without him.
    • I could lift you up // I could show you what you wanna see // And take you where you wanna be

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.