Sunday, September 29, 2013

C // Counting Stars // One Republic

Hard to say what role women play in this song.

  • Woman not really in relation to man. He's talking about "we". This is a dream for him and his partner, but not ABOUT him in relation to his partner. It feels more like a conversation. There is also a mention of love and hope, but it's kind of general. The song is more about trying to live a different life.
    • Lately, I've been, I've been losing sleep / Dreaming about the things we could be / But baby, I've been, I've been praying hard, / Said no more counting dollars / We'll be counting stars, yeah we'll be counting stars
    • I feel the love and I feel it burn / Down this river, every turn Hope is our four-letter word / Make that money, watch it burn
I'm going to go with not about women. Which gives you a C.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.