Thursday, September 12, 2013

C // Cups (Pitch Perfect's When I'm Gone) // Anna Kendrick

It should be noted that this song is an adaptation of "When I'm Gone"  written by A.P. Carter of The Carter Family in 1931 (before June Carter (later Johnny Cash's wife) joined the family band). It feels weird to rate such a classic, but enough history!


  • No name calling
  • Slightly objectifying (even the Carters sang this with a female voice)
    • You're gonna miss me by my hair
      You're gonna miss me everywhere,
      You're gonna miss me when I'm gone
  • Woman as empowered
    • I've got my ticket for the long way 'round
      These feet weren't built to stay too long
      And I'll go there on my own
      But you'll miss me when you're home
      It's for you, dear, that I sing this song
  • Woman in relation to (highly likely) a man, but not entirely. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.