Wednesday, September 11, 2013

C- // Wrecking Ball // Miley Cyrus


  • Not objectifying women
  • No name calling
  • Woman in relation to a man (people seem to think Nick Jonas or her fiance) There is also the strand that says this is about her relationship to her fans. Based on interviews and lyrics, I'd say that's a stretch. It is much more obviously a relationship.
    • We clawed, we chained, our hearts in vain // We jumped, never asking why // We kissed, I fell under your spell // A love no one could deny
  • Although a wrecking ball is a powerful image, she ends up breaking herself. 
    • I came in like a wrecking ball // Yeah, I just closed my eyes and swung // Left me crashing in a blazing fall // All you ever did was break me

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.