Thursday, October 17, 2013

D+ // It Goes Like This // Thomas Rhett

With opening line "Hey, girl, you make me wanna write a song", I was a little worried this was going to go the way of "Cruise", but it's much better. It's written by Thomas Rhett's dad (Rhett Akins) and produced by Michael Knox, who also produced Night Train

Here we go:

  • No name calling
  • Woman not so objectified
  • Woman in relation to man
    • And it goes like, oooh
      What I wouldn't do
      To write my name on your heart
      Get to wrapping my arms
      Baby, all around you

      And it goes like, hey
      Girl, I'm blown away
      Yeah, it starts with a smile
      And it ends with an all night long, slow kiss
      Yeah, it goes like this

      Hey, girl, you make me wanna drive you home
      Get you outta here and get you all alone
  • Woman is not empowered. She is hardly a character. She impresses him, and inspires his lust and music. Bo-ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to disagree! But name calling, objectifying, and offensive comments, as well as spam, will not be approved.